If you like steak, Mastros Steakhouse is one of my top favorite steakhouses. I usually go to the one in Beverly Hills, but this picture is from Mastro’s Ocean Club in Newport Beach, CA. If you’re in LA and are looking for a great steak experience, one of my recommendations would defintely be Mastros. Each Mastros has a piano bar with live music with a bar section, different dining rooms with a traditional romantic upscale vibe.
Everything is amazing at Mastros, but these are a few of my personal favorites:
- Sauteed shrimp (melts in your mouth, and has a spicy cajun kick and the crostini’s in the sauce are literally one of the best things you’ll very put in your mouth)
- Ahi tuna tartar (crispy wontons and lots of avacado which I love, and spicy mayo drizzled on top)
- Bone in rib-eye, medium, charred
- If you don’t eat meat, the sea bass melts in your mouth! You can get it prepared three different ways. One of the best I ever had…
- Creamed spinach (picture above)
- Gorgonzola mac n cheese ( you can even add bacon and jalepenos!) (Picture above)
- Lobster mash potatoes (this is Mastro’s specialty, so yum!)
- The Warm Butter Cake! DUH. It’s warm, rich, buttery poundcake drizzled with raspberry sauce and topped with vanilla ice cream and whip cream. This it is one of my all time favorite desserts, but it’s heavy so leave room! 🙂
Oh, and the warm bread they bring you in the beginning is amazing. It’s a basket of all different kinds from baguette to warm pretzel bread. I could make a meal out of their basket of bread!
You’ll defintely walk out of Mastros with a food coma, lol….